As urbanites, many of us lead sedentary lifestyles that cause our body structures to evolve for the worse. This is because we under-utilise certain muscles, especially our core muscles, while over-using others. For example:
- Lots of sitting leads to tight hip flexors, which can lead to back pains. Furthermore, as we do not carry any weights or loads while sitting, we tend to slouch.
- Heavy usage of computer and smartphone results in tight wrists, necks and shoulders, as well as rolled-forward shoulders.
The result is physical problems like neck and shoulder tension, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, back pains, knee problems, bunions, plantar fasciitis, and the list goes on …
Ironically, common exercise programmes can make things worse. Because we are unaware of our imbalances, when we exercise, and push hard, we over-stress some muscles, which results in injuries.
Stretch Therapy brings back awareness and balance. Regular practitioners are pleased to discover significant improvement in strength, balance, coordination, range of movement and mental clarity. Many have found that they can relax and sleep better too.
- Rehabilitation of specific physical problems such as neck, shoulder, back, knee and foot pains
- Pre-habilitation of the body to reduce risk of injuries
- Improvement of elite athletic performance
How does Stretch Therapy work? Read on!